Law enforcement has been cracking down hard on the Pasadena area in order to keep crime rates low. This can cause many situations where police are quick to act.
Being accused of any crime, whether common or not, is a very serious situation. If you are accused of a crime it can damage your relationships with friends and family, jeopardize your job and financial situation, and harm your reputation. It can be difficult to know where to turn and who to trust.
Just because you are accused of a crime, it does not mean that you will be convicted. If you are facing criminal charges, it is crucial to find the most experienced and aggressive criminal defense attorney in Pasadena. Finding an attorney with experience and proven results can mean the difference between freedom and imprisonment. Whether or not the criminal accusations are genuine, you will need the very best criminal defense in Pasadena.
A dedicated Pasadena criminal defense attorney will work with you to make sure you understand fully the charges against you, and to help you get your sentence reduced or case dropped completely. A good defense attorney will make sure that you don’t have to face these charges alone.
I have been practicing criminal defense in Pasadena for over 30 years. I have fought tirelessly for my clients to defend their freedom. My experience in the courtroom has given my firm a reputation for giving my clients a tailor-made approach and upstanding and aggressive criminal defense.
Working with me gives you the confidence you need to fight for your rights in Pasadena.
Criminal Defense Practice Areas
I have extensive knowledge through firsthand experience in the courtroom with a wide range of practice areas. Even with the knowledge and experience, I treat every case as a unique situation and give 110%. Some of my practice areas include:
- DUI — The state of California can instill very harsh penalties for DUI convictions. California takes these offenses very seriously. California also has DUI enhancement laws which means there are additional penalties for certain circumstances such as going 20 MPH over the speed limit. There are many holes in testing for field sobriety tests, breathalyzers and even blood work that can be contested.
- Marijuana Charges — Many people believe that they are safe to use marijuana in California if they follow certain rules. It is important to recognize that federal charges can still be brought against you, and it is quite common. Since 2006, citizens have faced, an average of 14,000 felonies each year for marijuana related incidents.
- Drug Charges — I have and continue to represent those facing a number of drug charges including possession and distribution and manufacturing charges. This includes felony possession, minors and school zone violations and internet pharmacy violations.
- Robbery — Robbery is a serious offense in the Pasadena area because it is one of the crime rates that is still higher than average. This makes it a focus for police in the area. Many robbery related incidents are considered felony offenses. This can add a strike to your record according to California’s Three Strikes Law.
- Burglary — After prop 47, the threshold for felony crimes was lowered and many burglary crimes are considered misdemeanors. This all depends on the situation and if there are other charges involved with the crime. It is still up to the courts discretion to determine how the crime should be penalized.
- Sex Crimes —In addition to large fines and jail times, if convicted of a sex crime, you will have to be on a registered sex offenders list. These charges can haunt you for the rest of your life. There are ways to apply for exclusion from the registry, but you have to understand your rights.
Criminal Defense in Pasadena
If you have been faced with a crime in Pasadena, do not risk facing these charges on your own, contact us for aggressive criminal defense today. Understand that you are not alone. My firm has seen a number of different scenarios in the Pasadena court system. The state of California is currently working hard to gather evidence and testimony to incriminate you. It’s time to take the first step toward helping yourself and fighting for justice. Call me now at 800-834-6434 to discuss the details of your case.