If you have been accused of a crime in the San Fernando Valley, you need to know that your attorney has what it takes to defend your freedom.
Robert M. Helfend is a veteran of the courts throughout Southern California. In more than 30 years practicing criminal defense, Mr. Helfend has successfully defended more than 4,000 cases — everything from simple misdemeanors to homicides and federal crimes.
Call 24/7 for a free case evaluation – 800-834-6434.
Experienced criminal defense lawyer in the San Fernando Valley
The criminal justice system can be intimidating. It doesn’t matter if you’re facing a misdemeanor allegation or more serious criminal charges like domestic violence or sex crimes, the system is designed to scare you into to quickly confessing and accepting a punishment.
Law enforcement will do whatever it can to interview you without an attorney present. They’ll use the opportunity to trot out scary examples of long sentences in order to quickly coerce a confession.
If you or someone you love is being held by the police in the San Fernando Valley, your first call should be to an experienced criminal defense attorney. Your attorney will meet you wherever you are. You then have a Constitutionally guaranteed right to meet with them in private, where you can give your attorney a download on the situation and begin building your defense.
The Law Offices of Robert M. Helfend defends both misdemeanor and felony charges, everything from DUI charges to theft crimes, violent crimes, white collar crimes and sex crimes. This includes:
- Child pornography
- Drug crime defense
- Federal crimes
- Sex crimes
- Solicitation of a prostitute
Click here for the complete list of practice areas.
Serving courthouses, police stations and jails throughout the San Fernando Valley
Mr. Helfend serves all of the courthouses throughout the San Fernando Valley, including:
- Burbank – 300 East Olive Ave., Burbank, CA, 91502
- Chatsworth – 9425 Penfield Ave., Chatsworth, CA, 91311
- Glendale – 600 East Broadway, Glendale, CA, 91206
- San Fernando – 900 Third St., San Fernando, CA, 91340
- Sylmar Juvenile – 16350 Filbert St., Sylmar, CA, 91342
- Van Nuys – 1440 Erwin Street Mall, Van Nuys, CA, 91401
He also meets clients at police stations and jails in the Valley, including:
- Devonshire – 10250 Etiwanda Ave., Northridge, CA, 91325
- Foothill – 12760 Osborne St., Pacoima, CA, 91331
- Mission – 11121 N. Sepulveda Blvd., Mission Hills, CA, 91345
- North Hollywood – 11640 Burbank Blvd., North Hollywood, CA, 91601
- Topanga – 21501 Schoenborn St., Canoga Park, CA, 91304
- Van Nuys – 6240 Sylmar Ave., Van Nuys, CA, 91401
- West Valley – 19020 Vanowen St., Reseda, CA, 91335
24/7 support throughout Los Angeles County
There is no one-size-fits-all best criminal defense attorney for everyone. Different attorneys have different specializations, case histories and communication styles.
When interviewing law firms, it’s important to select legal representation that makes you feel confident that your rights will be protected. After all, as we mentioned above, the criminal justice system is designed to intimidate.
Robert M. Helfend is respected throughout courtrooms in the San Fernando Valley. We proudly serve clients throughout Los Angeles County, including Burbank, Calabasas, Glendale, Northridge, Tarzana and Van Nuys. He was recently honored by his peers for his skill in the courtroom, earning accolades from Super Lawyers, Lead Counsel, the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 and Expertise.com.
Mr. Helfend is available 24/7 to represent you and your case. Call today for a free case evaluation and to see if we might be a good fit for you – 800-834-6434.